Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Profit Prevention Tour (Australia) - Kobe Bryant!

So I was able to skate for the first time in a good while today. I was walking in downtown Yamba and I ran into Rayne, so he took me swimming at this awesome rock formation at the beach called The Key and afterwards we went to the skatepark. Once we were there for awhile I was approached by a group of young kids.
this was our conversation:

Kid #1: Hey are you American?
Me: Yeah, I am.
Kid #1: (gasps) whoa, so like... where exactly?
Me: um, California.
Kid #2: Oh so like, Denver Broncos?
Me: Well, no. That's Colorado. We have the Lakers I guess.
Kids: (all yell) Oh Man!!
Kid #2: KOBE BRYANT! KOBE BRYANT! (makes swishing noises and pretends to pass a ball between his legs)
Kid #1: Well LBJ is better, right?
Me: Uh, yeah. sure. But I gotta get back to skating.
Kid #1: Oh yeah, do your thing man. (gestures with arms)

Leaving on a plane for Melbourne tomorrow. A little nervous, but I'm looking forward to seeing Victoria for the first time. The dates are posted on my myspace. Hope to see some of you there!

For Love and Liberation,
Mike XVX

No comments: