Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stand Up, Fight Back (Euro tour with xTrue Naturex): Krakow, PL / Olomouc, CZ

"There is no quiet place in the white man's cities. No place to listen to the leaves of spring or the rustle of insect wings. But perhaps because I am a savage and do not understand - the clatter only seems to insult the ears. And what is there to life if a man cannot hear the lovely cry of the whippoorwill or the arguments of the frogs around a pond at night?" -Chief Seattle

Drove out to Krakow, PL for our show yesterday. We originally thought it was going to be in a squat, but turned out to be in a club... which is all fine with me. everyone that worked there was super nice and there was a scheduled "vegan after party" that was advertised on the fliers! Had dinner with some friends at a squat near where we were staying, and then walked across town to the venue. Played to about 50 relatively enthusiastic people, and afterward a group of Polish kids and I had a dance off! They taught me some "traditional" Polish dances and I of course taught them how to moonwalk. The night was filled with dancing, laughter and silly games which means it was totally awesome for me.

The next morning we had some lovely vegan, gluten-free BLT's (or something similar) and packed our things for our drive back to Olomouc, CZ. Don't ask me why we've been driving back and forth, but it seems a bit unnecessary. Anyways, 2 days from now we'll be going to the bone church outside of Prague and I'm REALLY excited about it. The only thing I've set aside that I absolutely need to do here in Europe and nothing will mess this up for me. NOTHING.

for love and liberation,
mike xvx

No comments: